The TripIt team is always looking for ways to make travel less stressful. We know the importance of staying connected to friends, family and colleagues while you’re traveling, so we’ve created several ways to help you share travel plans using TripIt.
Here are a few ways:
Share Travel Plans from the TripIt App
Just click a button on your itinerary to share your travel plans via text or email. No more copying and pasting the details about when you’re arriving or where you’re staying.
You can also select multiple plans from your trip itinerary and send them by text or your favorite app, such as Slack, Evernote, WhatsApp or LinkedIn. You can also take a screenshot of your trip, and TripIt will help you share it through the app of your choice.
When you share, you can choose from three different levels of access:
- Traveler – someone who is going on the trip and can collaborate on the trip details.
- Planner – someone who is not going on the trip but can help to organize the trip details.
- Viewer – someone who can see the details of your trip but can’t change or add to them.
More information: https://help.tripit.com/hc/en-us/articles/226671567
Share your travel plans from the TripIt website
You can share your trip with others from the TripIt website in two ways:
- Private invitation: On the itinerary page of your trip, click “add” and enter the email addresses of the people you’d like to share your trip with. Next choose if you’d like them to be a traveler, viewer, or planner of the trip.
- Public link: You can generate a special link/URL that will let anyone with access to the link view your trip. This method is helpful if you want to post your trip on your blog or in some other forum, where any member of the public could view your itinerary. Because trips contain travel dates and flight numbers, use public URL sharing cautiously.
More information: https://help.tripit.com/hc/en-us/articles/226106447
Share itineraries with your Inner Circle (TripIt Pro feature)
You select the people in your Inner Circle, and we’ll do the sharing for you. No more forwarding, texting, or calling required. TripIt Pro shares all your travel plans with the important people in your life.
- Beginning today, you can add and remove contacts, and edit permissions, all from the TripIt app.
- New trips are shared as soon as they are posted in your account.
- When you’d prefer not to share travel plans, you can select “do not share with Inner Circle” when creating the trip.
More information: https://help.tripit.com/hc/en-us/articles/226107107
Share specific travel plans or your entire trip directly from Messages in iOS
TripIt for iMessage makes sharing travel plans as easy as sending a text. You can send all or part of your travel plans through iMessage with other users.
- If plans change or if an element is added, TripIt refreshes those plans—ensuring everyone in the conversation has the latest information.
- When TripIt Pro users share flight information, anyone receiving that information will be able to check the status of the flight without leaving Messages.
More information: https://help.tripit.com/hc/en-us/articles/228068668
Share your travel plans with friends on Facebook
You can share your trips with friends on Facebook. It’s the easiest way to get travel advice from your social network, like where to eat, what to see, and what to do. And sharing can help you coordinate with friends in the same city as you.
Facebook publishing only posts high-level trip information (i.e., primary destination and month/year of the trip) on your Facebook profile.
More information: https://help.tripit.com/hc/en-us/articles/226108467