From safety scores to Siri shortcuts, a savvy traveler is always in-the-know. With you in mind, the TripIt team has been busy adding new functionality that makes accessing the travel details you need even easier. Whether you’re traveling for work or fun, be sure to check out some of our most innovative features:
Security wait times
By adding security wait times into TripIt Pro, TripIt now gives you everything you need to plan your next trip to the airport and quickly navigate your way around once you arrive. You’ll not only be able to see when you should leave for the airport, but also how long it’s going to take to get through security once you arrive. You’ll also know how to get to your gate—all without leaving the TripIt app.
Neighborhood safety scores
TripIt shows safety scores from 1 to 100—representing low to high risk—for neighborhoods around the world. Neighborhood safety scores are available in the TripIt app for all lodging, restaurants and activities that have an address, and cover a variety of categories:
- Physical harm: including muggings, drug activity, gang prevalence, and police presence
- Women’s safety: including verbal harassment, physical assault, violence directed against women, and adequacy of women’s support facilities
- Health and medical: including environmental pollution and contamination, illnesses, regulation of sanitary conditions, and access to medical care
- Political freedoms: including political unrest, limited political rights, and incidences of riots and protests
- Theft: including petty theft, pickpocketing, burglaries, auto theft, and grand theft
- LGBTQ safety: including likelihood of harm or discrimination against LGBTQ persons or groups and level of caution required at location
Plotting your course in a strange city just got easier thanks to our map view feature. With map view, you can better organize your travel plans and keep an eye on all your trip details at-a-glance. How does it work? When looking at your trip in map view, you’ll have a pin for each plan so you can see where you’re going next and get an idea of the distance between all of the locations in your trip. You can also navigate to the plan details screen or see transportation options from map view, making it even easier to get from point A to point B during the course of your trip.
Your travel stats measure the total distance traveled, days traveling, number of trips, and the amount of countries and cities visited—all available right in the app. Have you shared with us your #TripItTravelStats? To share yours, snap a screenshot and share with the hashtag on social media.
Hey Siri! Set up your own voice commands to quickly access your upcoming flight and other travel plans just by asking Siri.
International Travel Tools
Finally, TripIt Pro has made travel easier with a set of new tools for the international traveler. Our helpful tips include:
- Currency converter
- Tipping customs
- Embassy information
- Language and time zone information
- Socket and plug requirements
- Required vaccinations
- Communication information
- Driving advice