How much do I tip in Lisbon? What kind of plugs should I bring to Singapore? How safe is the San Telmo neighborhood of Buenos Aires? You’ll know the answers to questions like these before you travel—all from two new features right within the TripIt app.
Access Neighborhood Safety Scores—Even Before You Go
Now TripIt shows safety scores from 1 to 100 for neighborhoods around the world, representing low to high risk. These scores cover a variety of categories, such as:
- Physical harm: including muggings, drug activity, gang prevalence, and police presence
- Women’s safety: including verbal harassment, physical assault, violence directed against women, and adequacy of women’s support facilities
- Health and medical: including environmental pollution and contamination, illnesses, regulation of sanitary conditions, and access to medical care
- Political freedoms: including political unrest, limited political rights, and incidences of riots and protests
- Theft: including petty theft, pickpocketing, burglaries, auto theft, and grand theft
Neighborhood safety scores are available in the TripIt app for all lodging, restaurants and activities that have an address.
Country-Specific Travel Information Now Available Within Your Itinerary
TripIt Pro makes international travel easier by showing logistics such as embassy information, currency conversions, socket and plug requirements, required vaccinations, tipping advice and more—for 180 countries.
Next time you travel internationally with TripIt, you will notice a passport button on your trip summary. Simply tap on it to find an array of tips and tools customized specifically to the country you are traveling to.
To help support you as you’re traveling around the world, we support French, German and Japanese confirmation emails. While TripIt remains English-optimized, travelers who receive confirmation emails in these languages will be able to see those plans, alongside all their other plans, right within their TripIt app.
Neighborhood safety scores are available on the Android and iOS mobile apps for all TripIt users. A subscription to TripIt Pro ($49/year) is required to access international travel tools. Be sure your app is updated to iOS 10.5 or Android 7.5 to experience the new features.
Let us know what you think of the latest updates and tell us what you’d like to see next! Tweet us @TripIt.