At the end of March, we announced that over the next year, TripIt users could expect to see new features, updates and enhancements—all based on your feedback. We kicked off the journey with updates to iOS, and now we’re ready to share the latest with Android.
First off, we’ve released TripIt for Android Wear so on-the-go travelers can get where they need to go, even with their hands full. You’ll be able to quickly access the info you need most while traveling, including flight, hotel and rental car information. We even added in a little something extra—a new timer that counts down to your flight’s departure time.
You’ll also notice that the TripIt Android app has been slightly refreshed and will continue to see gradual changes to make your travel experience even easier. Be sure to let us know what you think. Here’s the before and after:
We also included a few other updates we’ve made over the past few months that we wanted to share with you:
- Mobile Check-In: Now you can check in to your flight right from the TripIt app.
- Rome2Rio: Find ground transportation options within your itinerary.
- Parking: Easily add parking reservations to your itinerary.
- Multi-Day Activity Support: Have an event that lasts a few days? Now you can see that reflected in your itinerary.
- Merge Trips & Move Plans: Merge two separate trips that belong together and quickly move a plan into another trip.
- Enhanced Maps & Directions: Get directions to your hotel, meetings and other activities faster than before.
We want TripIt to remain the app you know and love, so please let us know when we’ve hit the mark and where we have room to improve. After all, we’re here to make life easier for you when you’re traveling.