Today, we unveiled a facelift for our Android app, designed to make it even easier for you to navigate between itineraries and connections, and view reward program points for TripIt Pro users.
Don’t like ads? Also available is an ad-free version of the app for $3.99.
And for all the stats junkies, we also discovered some interesting things about those of you who use our Android app. Take a look at the trends below, and let us know your thoughts in the comments section.
Android Use Peaks Among Millennials
- A higher percentage of TripIt’s Android users are in their late twenties (25-29) and early thirties (30-34) than any other smartphone group.
- Among iPhone and BlackBerry users, the largest percentages are in their late thirties (35-39) and early forties (40-44).
On the Road Again? Not Necessarily
- TripIt’s Android users travel less frequently for business than other smartphone users.
- 21 percent of Android users travel 15 or more times per year for business, compared to 36 percent of BlackBerry users and 23 percent of iPhone users.
- Android users take less leisure trips per year than iPhone users.
- A higher percentage of Android users take 1-3 leisure trips per year than iPhone users; meanwhile, a higher percentage of iPhone users take four or more leisure trips per year than Android users.
Favorite Travel Apps
- Beyond TripIt, other popular travel apps for Android users are: Google Maps, Yelp and TripAdvisor.
What other apps do you use while traveling?