CONCUR TECHNOLOGIES, INC.'S "NOT JUST A PLANE" SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering this sweepstakes promotion (the "Promotion").
By participating in the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION.
1. Eligibility. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. PROMOTION VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. PROMOTION OPEN ONLY TO RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA OVER THE AGE OF 18 (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY UNDER APPLICABLE LAW). IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND CONCUR TECHNOLOGIES, INC. ("SPONSOR") RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD A PRIZE TO YOU. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the manner and format designated below. Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor and any of their respective parent companies, affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prize. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Limit ten (10) entries per person.
2. Disclaimer. Sponsor, all participating sponsors and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
3. Promotion Period. The Promotion starts at 12:01 a.m. (all times Pacific Time) on March 3, 2011 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on April 13, 2011 (the "Promotion Period"). Except as otherwise expressly stated in Section 7 below for mail-in entries, all entries must be received during the Promotion Period to be eligible to win a prize.
4. Prize. One (1) prize winner will receive the following prize: One (1) $500 American Express Gift Card (approximate retail value: $500). Gift card terms and conditions apply; visit https://www212.americanexpress.com/dsmlive/dsm/dom/us/en/personal/cardmember/additionalproductsandservices/giftcardsandtravelerscheques/amexgiftcard_cardholderagreement.do?vgnextoid=2d49e6e93492a110VgnVCM200000d0faad94RCRD&vgnextchannel=95ddb81e8482a110VgnVCM100000defaad94RCRD for details.
5. Odds; Taxes; Etc. Odds of winning a prize depend on number of eligible entries received. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. The prize will be awarded. If the prize is returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within seven (7) days after delivery of notification, it will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. The prize is not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prize will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize. Limit one (1) prize per household or address. The prize is awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
6. Identity of Entrant. In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
7. How to Enter.
Online Entry Method: To enter online, visit http://blog.tripit.com/2011/03/not-just-a-plane-promotion.html and follow the directions to enter during the Promotion Period, including the following steps:
Step 1: Be a registered user of TripIt.com. (If you are not a registered user of TripIt.com, simply visit www.tripit.com to register for free.)
Step 2: Login to your TripIt.com account at www.tripit.com.
Step 3: Create a trip itinerary that includes a minimum of three (3) booking confirmations ("Qualifying Trip"). A booking confirmation is a valid booking with a travel or hospitality provider found on one of 3,000 TripIt supported sites. You may forward the booking confirmation email to email@example.com to create the trip itinerary or have it automatically sent to TripIt if your Gmail account is linked to TripIt.
To Obtain Additional Online Entries: Log additional Qualifying Trips at TripIt.com to obtain additional entries beyond the first entry that you obtained by following Steps 1-3 above – you may obtain one additional entry per Qualifying Trip up to nine additional entries.
Offline Entry Method: To enter for a chance to win and acquire ten (10) entries without taking the above-referenced steps, clearly hand-print your full name, mailing address, day and night phone numbers, and e-mail address on a 3"x5" card, and mail that card in a hand-addressed envelope to Concur Technologies, Inc., Attn: "Not Just a Plane" Promotion Entry, Concur Technologies, Inc., 500 Treat Ave., Suite 100, San Francisco, CA 94110. Mailed entries must be postmarked by the last day of the Promotion Period and received no later than seven (7) days after that date to be eligible to win. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery or entry.
For All Entry Methods: Limit ten (10) entries per person. All requested information must be provided for your entry to be valid. Entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. All entrants and entries are subject to verification by Sponsor. By entering the Promotion, you consent to being placed on a mailing list for promotional and other purposes.
8. Promotion Rules. Prize winner will be determined by a random drawing from all eligible entries to be held at 500 Treat Ave., Suite 100, San Francisco, CA 94110 on or about April 27, 2011.
The potential winner will be notified by phone and/or e-mail by May 4, 2011. To claim a prize, the potential winner should follow the instructions contained in his/her notification.
9. General Release. By entering the Promotion, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
10. Use of Winner's Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Promotion constitutes permission to use winner's name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, winner may be required to execute a consent to the use of his/her name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
11. Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded any prize, winner will be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
12. Winner List; Rules Request. For a copy of the winner list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope after May 7, 2011 and before May 7, 2012 to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: "Not Just a Plane" Promotion Winner List. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, visit http://www.tripit.com/press/not-just-a-plane-terms/ or send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: "Not Just a Plane" Promotion Rules Request. Residents of VT may omit return postage.
13. Intellectual Property Notice. TRIPIT is a trademark of Concur Technologies, Inc. The Promotion and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2011 by Concur Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved.
14. Miscellaneous. The Promotion and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the state of California. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Promotion or any entrant's participation in the Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Promotion, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is disruptive, detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Promotion. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Promotion, please e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org or send written questions to the address listed below, Attn: "Not Just a Plane" Promotion Questions.
15. Sponsor: Concur Technologies, Inc., 500 Treat Ave., Suite 100, San Francisco, CA 94110.