TripIt Reveals Android App Facelift and Younger User Trend
Android Usage is More Popular Among Gen-Y than iPhone or BlackBerry
San Francisco, CA—8 September 2011: TripIt, the leading mobile trip organizer from Concur (Nasdaq CNQR), today unveiled a facelift for its Android app, designed to make it even easier for travelers to navigate between itineraries and connections, and view reward program points for TripIt Pro users. Also available is an ad-free version of the Android app for $3.99.
The design and navigation enhancements coincide with the results of a new survey conducted by TripIt, which found that Android users skew younger and travel less frequently than their iPhone and BlackBerry-toting counterparts.
Android Use Peaks Among Millennials
- A higher percentage of TripIt’s Android users are in their late twenties (25-29) and early thirties (30-34) than any other smartphone group.
- Among iPhone and BlackBerry users, the largest percentages are in their late thirties (35-39) and early forties (40-44).
On the Road Again? Not Necessarily
- TripIt’s Android users travel less frequently for business than other smartphone users.
- 21 percent of Android users travel 15 or more times per year for business, compared to 36 percent of BlackBerry users and 23 percent of iPhone users.
- Android users take less leisure trips per year than iPhone users.
- A higher percentage of Android users take 1-3 leisure trips per year than iPhone users; meanwhile, a higher percentage of iPhone users take four or more leisure trips per year than Android users.
Favorite Travel Apps
- Beyond TripIt, other popular travel apps for Android users are: Google Maps, Yelp and TripAdvisor.
Regardless of their differences, nearly half of TripIt’s smartphone users said having all their travel plans in one place is the primary reason they would recommend the service to others.
TripIt®, the leading mobile travel organizer from Concur® (Nasdaq: CNQR), makes it easy for millions of travelers to organize and share their trips. Simply forward confirmation emails from anywhere you book to email@example.com and TripIt automagically creates one simple, smart itinerary to access on a smartphone, calendar, or anywhere online. For even greater peace of mind while traveling, TripIt Pro acts like a personal travel assistant that keeps travelers in the know regarding flight status, alternate flights, and more; tracks all frequent traveler points in one place; and monitors eligible flights for fare refunds. TripIt for Business is an easier way for companies to organize office travel; keep track of who’s traveling when and where, and whether travel dollars are being spent wisely. For more information, please visit www.tripit.com and follow @TripIt at http://twitter.com/tripit.
Concur® is a leading provider of integrated travel and expense management solutions for companies of all sizes. Concur’s easy-to-use web-based and mobile solutions help companies and their employees control costs and save time. Learn more at www.concur.com.
# # #