TIME Magazine Selects TripIt as one of 50 Best Websites
SAN DIEGO, August 24, 2009 -- BCD Travel and TripIt today announced that TripIt has just been selected by the editors of TIME magazine to their annual list of 50 best websites (www.time.com). BCD and TripIt are currently exhibiting at the NBTA (National Business Travel Association) convention in San Diego.
Last week, BCD Travel announced a new partnership with TripIt, an online itinerary platform widely hailed by road warriors for its ability to help them easily organize and share travel plans with colleagues, assistants and family. As part of the new offering, BCD will transfer a traveler's booking to TripIt, which delivers a master itinerary to the traveler's personal TripIt account. Travelers access the itinerary online, via mobile device or through professional networking sites. What they see is a rich itinerary packed with weather forecasts, maps, directions and other important details related to the trip.
Since its September 2007 launch, TripIt has been honored with many industry awards and accolades, including:
* TIME Magazine, 50 Best Websites, 2009
* Apple, iTunes, Top 25 Free Travel App, 2009
* CNET, Webware 100, 2009
* TravelCom, New Innovator Award, Finalist, 2009
* TechCrunch, Michael Arrington's Products I Can't Live Without, 2009 and 2008
* Mashable, Blogger's Choice Awards, 2008
* ReadWriteWeb, 10 Semantic Apps to Watch, 2008
* PhoCusWright, Travel Innovation Summit, Finalist, 2008
* VentureWire Technology Showcase, Finalist, 2008
* Industry Standard, Innovation 100, Best Productivity, 2008
* Yahoo! Hackday, Best User Experience, 2008
* PC World, Top Travel Sites, 2008
* Webby Awards, Nominee, 2008
* PC Magazine, Top 100 Websites, 2008
* UK Times Online, Top 100 Websites, 2008
* Under The Radar, Finalist, 2008
* Web 2.0 Summit Launch Pad, Finalist, 2007
* TechCrunch 40, Finalist, 2007
About BCD Travel
As a leading provider of global corporate travel management, BCD Travel simplifies and streamlines the business of travel. This benefits our client’s organization on every level: from the bottom-line to the business traveler. BCD Travel operates in more than 90 countries on six continents, with US$14 billion in total sales and a combined worldwide work force in excess of 13,000. BCD Travel is a BCD Holdings N.V. company. For more information, visit www.bcdtravel.com.
TripIt, the trip management company, helps people organize their travel plans no matter where they book. Travelers simply forward their travel confirmation emails from over 500 sites to firstname.lastname@example.org. TripIt automatically creates a master itinerary that combines all their travel plans plus weather, maps, restaurants and more. With TripIt it’s easy to share and collaborate on trips with friends and colleagues in social networks. TripIt itineraries can be accessed via online, mobile device, iPhone app, personal calendars and social networking sites. TripIt is an open itinerary platform that works across hundreds of travel sites and with a growing ecosystem of travel and mobile partners. The new TripIt Pro premium service for frequent travelers automatically monitors travel itineraries, providing mobile alerts, alternate flight options, frequent traveler point tracking and automated trip sharing. More at www.tripit.com.