Written on November 1, 2012 at 5:13 pm, by TripIt
Last week, the TripIt team celebrated the five years that have passed since we first launched at TechCrunch40 in 2007. To commemorate all the hard work that’s been infused into our service, we gathered to reflect and reminisce on the challenges and victories that helped get us to where we are today.
As the office viewed a timeline (below) that highlighted all our milestones, it was truly humbling to see the progress we’ve made since we first launched as a scrappy start up. It was also clear to see that despite the changes that have happened, one thing remains constant: our desire to make traveling easier for everyone.
Some fun facts:
- Today, we are nearly 7 million members strong. (By comparison, it took us 2 and half years to reach our first million.)
- Every 10 seconds, someone signs up for TripIt.
- Every day, our premium service, TripIt Pro sends out 65,000 flight alerts.
- Every month, one million trips are added to TripIt.
- Every month, TripIt Pro tracks 7.5 million loyalty point accounts.
At this momentous milestone, we not only celebrate ourselves, but we raise our glasses to all our amazing users who have supported us and pushed us to make TripIt better and better. We look forward to serving and delighting you for many more years to come. Cheers!