Written on February 2, 2012 at 7:00 am, by Amy Jackson
By Aaron Friedman, Product Manager at TripIt
We're always looking for new, smarter ways to organize all your travel plans in one place, and bring minute-by-minute details of your trip to your fingertips.
But we realize that sometimes the "where" matters more than the "when" – especially when you're in a new place.
Inspired by TripIt’s iPad app, the new itinerary map view let's you interact with your entire trip geographically. You can get the "lay of the land" and quickly create directions between your activities.
To explore the itinerary map, open an upcoming trip on tripit.com and click the "Map" button.
PS – Did you know there are lots of cool, unique things you can only do on tripit.com? Here's a quick list:
- Total trip cost: see how much was spent on air, car and hotel reservations at-a-glance
- Weather: itineraries automatically include historical averages for each day of the trip
- Calendar sync: subscribe to a calendar feed of all trip plans or download one trip’s calendar file
- Group trip planning: add travelers to an itinerary with the ability to add or edit trip plans
- Social networks: share trip plans automatically on Facebook, LinkedIn, Salesforce Chatter and Yammer
- TripIt Groups: access a company calendar to see when and where colleagues are traveling