Written on September 13, 2010 at 10:57 pm, by Will Aldrich
Transforming travel emails into organized itineraries is an important way that TripIt makes travel easier.
When people tell us about Itinerator improvements they want most, detecting duplicate flights (aka handling changes to existing air reservations) has been near the top of the list for a while.
As such, we’re happy to report that the Itinerator just got a double-shot of gingko biloba: it now detects duplicate flight information and handles it like a champ. Here’s what it does:
- Eliminates exact duplicate flights from being added to a trip
- Identifies when you send in a changed/updated flight reservation
- Identifies and displays the flights that are most likely the most recent version of the updated schedule
- Cleans up the “messy” itinerary by hiding older versions of the flight schedule
- Allows you to revert back to a different version if our “best guess” was incorrect
So send in (or let Auto Import send in) your updated flight reservations and please let us know what you think.