Written on January 17, 2008 at 8:32 am, by Gregg Brockway
As 2008 begins, we want to thank the thousands of you around the world who have taken the time to provide your feedback in 2007. TripIt is definitely a better service for everyone thanks to you! For those of you who haven’t visited TripIt lately, we thought you might be interested in a quick list of the top-requested features that we added to TripIt last year…
1. Itinerary Support – We now support more than 100 booking sites, and added a new rating system to help keep us honest. Please keep forwarding more travel confirmation emails and we’ll keep adding support for new booking sites.
2. Faster Website – There sure are a lot of you, so we made big improvements to how quickly we display our web pages.
3. Calendar Sync – This was a very popular request, being able to get ALL your trip plans directly in your personal calendar. It takes just a minute to set-up an Automated iCal Feed and it works with Google Calendar, Outlook 2007 and others.
4. International Support – Who knew we would already have users on every continent in the world. We still need to improve our international date formats, but we improved our weather and accent formatting, and significantly expanded support for international booking sites and rail providers.
5. Mobile Access – Road Warriors seem to appreciate being able to email us “get trip” and having their trip info appear right on their mobile device…a little feature we call TripIt To Me.
6. Easier Directions – We made it easier to quickly get driving directions, by just selecting any location that is already in your itinerary, like your hotel, rental car, airport or restaurant.
7. Restaurant Reservations – OpenTable makes it easy to get reservations where you want, and being able to forward OpenTable confirmations directly to TripIt is another new way to better organize your trips.
8. Rail Reservations – This was a nod to our business and international travelers who rely on trains in parts of the US, Canada and Europe.
9. Trip Calendar – This first of many upcoming social features to let you see when your travel plans overlap with your TripIt Friends. Add more Friends from your address book to really see the value of this.
10. Overall Usability – Literally hundreds of other improvements to our wording, buttons, menus, pages and user interface to make it just a little easier to get your travel plans organized.
We finally got some rest over the holidays, so we’re ready to deliver even more new features this year, starting with an exciting announcement later this month. Stay tuned and please keep all your suggestions (and your travel confirmation emails) coming!
Happy Travels in the New Year!
Gregg, Scott and Andy